Author Topic: ice tv interactive tv guide  (Read 3029 times)

Offline mjh1982

• View Profile
ice tv interactive tv guide
« on: December 11, 2008, 05:51:42 PM »
hello, i'm new to the ice tv stuff and have it setup with the new firmware on the beyonwiz dpp1 (the one with wiztv). i just have a couple of q's about the ice tv and would appreciate any help/suggestions

1. is is possible to initiate series recording from the beyonwiz dpp1 unit/remote by selecting the program in th epg or do i have to do it online via ce tv interactive??

2. also when i'm logged in on ice tv website  and search for shows on the interactive tv guide, win hd and sc10 hd do not show up even though i have them selected in the tv guide region under my account and i can watch them on the beyonwiz. this means that if i want to do a series recording, for example, of rules of engagement, i can only record it on sd. does anyone know why this happens?

cheers

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: ice tv interactive tv guide
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 06:35:39 PM »
hello, i'm new to the ice tv stuff and have it setup with the new firmware on the beyonwiz dpp1 (the one with wiztv). i just have a couple of q's about the ice tv and would appreciate any help/suggestions

1. is is possible to initiate series recording from the beyonwiz dpp1 unit/remote by selecting the program in th epg or do i have to do it online via ce tv interactive??

2. also when i'm logged in on ice tv website  and search for shows on the interactive tv guide, win hd and sc10 hd do not show up even though i have them selected in the tv guide region under my account and i can watch them on the beyonwiz. this means that if i want to do a series recording, for example, of rules of engagement, i can only record it on sd. does anyone know why this happens?

cheers
1. No. Any timers that you set on the Beyonwiz will show up on IcetV, butr it will work in the way that a Beyonwiz timer normally works; it will record with whatever repetition it has until you delete it.

2. Generally, IceTV doesn't put shows in HD if they aren't actually HD material. If they're just upscaled from SD, then they won't show (SBS HD is an exception to this; it has all the shows in the HD EPG, even though they are all just upscaled). I'm a bit surprised that you don't see any WIN or SC10 HD shows at all. Is your region ACT? I'm not seeing any tonight for SC10 , but there are a couple of shows on WIN HD in the ACT. You can copy all the SD entries into the HD EPG for the broadcaster by ticking "Copy SD shows to HD channels" in your My Account page. But this doesn't always get everything right all the time, either.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Common setup pitfalls using IceTV with Plex

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV on Plex

0 Replies
Last post July 01, 2019, 05:33:55 PM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
xx
Setup IceTV on Plex server on Qnap TS 251+ with HDHomerun Connect