Author Topic: Guide the same as standard  (Read 4177 times)

Offline philw

• View Profile
Guide the same as standard
« on: December 15, 2008, 10:51:13 PM »
Hi,  I've just subscribed to IceTV and configured my S1 as per the instructions.  User Info check was successful.
But the guide (on the S1) looks exactly the same as it did before I subscribed; and nothing like the example screen in the instructions.
Is there something else I should have done?

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Guide the same as standard
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 09:14:59 AM »
Hi,  I've just subscribed to IceTV and configured my S1 as per the instructions.  User Info check was successful.
But the guide (on the S1) looks exactly the same as it did before I subscribed; and nothing like the example screen in the instructions.

Have a look at the synopsis (select the program in the EPG, press info) for, say, Today Tonight. Decide whether the broadcaster or someone else wrote it. :)

Is there something else I should have done?

Hard to say without knowing whether you have a problem or not. Have a look at Setup>Network>IceTV and see whether it says it's fetched and processed the EPG. It does this 30-60 secs after a restart, and then about once every half hour.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 10:22:38 AM »
Another hint that the ICE data is being loaded and not the broadcaster is that approx 30secs to 1minute after bootup, all channels should have EPG (where as for broadcaster EPG it is only going to be the channels you have surfed to, and the way EIT is loaded up from the broadcasters is Now&Next at approx 5sec frequency or less, the current day events at approx 15sec frequency or less, up to 7 days at 30-60secs... these numbers are a bit of guesswork, but the technical standards for this specify something similar, so you won't get a fully filled single channel from the broadcaster unless you stay on the channel for approx 30 to 60secs).
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline philw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 04:47:44 PM »
Thanks guys.

It looks like I am getting the guide - it's just not in the format per the setup guide.  Maybe it's time for another firmware upgrade.
Phil

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 04:50:49 PM »
The setup guide on the IceTV website at http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/websupport.cgi?op=show_faq&faq_id=92&faq_cat_id=24 has a screenshot of:

Admittedly this is the older style guide screen, the latest firmware shows more channels at once but its still very close, Is this not what you are seeing in the guide?
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 09:07:59 PM »
Thanks guys.

It looks like I am getting the guide - it's just not in the format per the setup guide.  Maybe it's time for another firmware upgrade.
Phil
Have you tried pressing the RED button in the EPG to switch between EPG Styles?

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 09:19:21 PM »
And if you aren't seeing the help menu at the bottom of the epg to suggest what buttons to press, it sounds like you have disabled the help menu option in the setup options.
Regards

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Changing Guide Region

Started by Trial_Master on General Discussions

2 Replies
Last post June 23, 2019, 06:40:28 PM
by Trial_Master
xx
Account guide settings

Started by simoncasey on IceTV EPG Content

24 Replies