Author Topic: failed to record error on series recording  (Read 4218 times)

Offline mjh1982

• View Profile
failed to record error on series recording
« on: December 16, 2008, 08:40:53 AM »
i am getting the same error when i try to schedule how i met your mother ie. 'failed to record' on the device. other recordings work on other channels. for the 7pm timeslot i have no other recordings, in fact for thursday and friday nights there is nothing else scheduled. i am using the beyonwiz dp-p1 with current firmware. i cant figure out why it is doing this and am in the process of ironing out everything before i fully commit to ice tv so this isnt helping.

also i am in toowoomba and get 7hd on channel 60 on the wiz. However in the tv guide on ice tv website for my region the hd channel 7's listed are Seven Brisbane HD, Seven Central HD or Seven QLD HD. which one would pair with 7hd on my wiz as i am not sure if this may be causing the failed recordings.

i would appreciate if someone could please help me with this failed recording message as it is frustrating me greatly.
cheers

Offline Neon Kitten

• View Profile
Re: failed to record error on series recording
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 11:49:19 PM »
I got three "failed to record" events in my interactive guide this evening - the cricket on Nine HD (what can I say, I was curious about the PQ :) ), Wallace & Gromit on ABC1, and Long Way Down on SBS.

The thing is, they all recorded fine. The one thing they have in common as far as I can see is that the Beyonwiz was forced to start another recording without adding the pre-set post-padding to the previous one.

Could the Wiz be reporting back to Ice that things didn't work when in fact they worked exactly as designed?

Offline pauliking

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 02:41:56 PM »
I think I saw in another forum that this is caused by the daylight saving issues. But all will usually work fine.

Online prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 11:54:23 AM »
I think I saw in another forum that this is caused by the daylight saving issues. But all will usually work fine.
What daylight savings issues were there be in mid-December? DST problems usually happen at the start and end of DST.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline pauliking

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 04:30:34 PM »
I wouldn't have a clue. We don't get Daylight savings in QLD so I am not that much in touch with when it starts and stops.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Stop Failed Error.

Started by SkippaBeat on SKIPPA

5 Replies
Last post June 28, 2018, 12:47:32 PM
by ChrisW
xx
Failed to record movie: minions

Started by simoncasey on IceTV EPG Content

7 Replies
Last post December 13, 2017, 02:30:15 PM