Author Topic: Failed Timer  (Read 2727 times)

Offline mac37

• View Profile
Failed Timer
« on: January 24, 2016, 06:02:50 PM »
Beyonwiz T2
Sunshine Coast.
I have scheduled 3 programs which overlap too much, and one of them generated a failed timer email, with "no matching service"
instead of "timer conflict".
I did this twice more with different channels as the conflicting one, and got "No matching service" each time.

I did the exact same sequence of events on the HUMAX and got a failed timer email with "Timer Conflict" (correct !)

Thanks
Mac
Humax HDR 7500T, Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to LG LCD LED 50 &  Linden 65

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Failed Timer
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 10:47:19 PM »
The T series definitely returns "No matching service" only when the service details for the channel the timer should record can't be batched against the scanned channels in the PVR.

This is tested before the test for whether a timer can be created, so that this error may well have stopped the "Timer conflict" from being seen (because it only tried to set two of the three conflicting timers).

There seems to be a genuine problem with the ONID/SID/TSID triple in the channel map for the channel that had the "No matching service" error. It would probably help IceTV support if you posted the region and channel details of the timer that failed with this error.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline mac37

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 03:03:40 AM »
Hello again Peter,
Thank you for your interest.
Two of the channels that had the conflict were channels I use successfully all the time. Although it was the first time I had scheduled on "ONE", which is why I performed further testing.
So, one was "ONE" (Sunshine Coast 50) and another was "7TWO" - Both Sunshine Coast channels. I used another as well - "ABC", deliberately, to check.
I checked, to be sure, by scheduling a program on each at random times during the day, when there was no conflict. There was not, nor should there be, any "No matching service" situation generated.
As specified above, it generated correctly as a "Timer Conflict" in my testing on the HUMAX.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 08:34:28 AM »
That's strange. There is only one place in the code where the "No matching service" error is generated, and it's as a result of when the channel in the IceTV timer is searched for in the PVR's list of channels and it fails to find a match. The lookup should be independent of any other timers that might be current.

I'm a bit confused by your description, though, and I'm not sure which channel the timer with the "No matching service" error was on. What were the three channels involved in the error, and which one had the "No matching service" error?

AIUI, the Humax uses a different server version from the Beyonwiz T series and the channel matching may well be different.

Offline mac37

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 10:32:12 AM »
Hi,
I understand that the HUMAX, and indeed my Topfield, are treated differently.

The problem first occurred as follows:-
I had already scheduled  for Sunday night - Channel 9HD -8:00PM Animal Super Parents - 70 mins (Plus padding 4-25), and Channel 7TWO - 9:30PM  Escape to the Country 60 mins.
I then - later - tried to add Channel "ONE" 8:30PM - Dolphins: Spy in the Pod. This gave the "No matching service.
As I had not scheduled anything on "ONE" since installing the T2, I thought it might be true.
So I tested it by removing the 9:30 program, and the "ONE" program scheduled successfully. I also tested further by putting the 9:30 back in and changing the "ONE" to an "ABC" program Vera, clearly a timer conflict, and it gave a "No matching service", obviously wrong cuz I schedule on ABC a lot.

Further to the triplet theory for scheduling, because IceTV cannot sort out the Sunshine Coast 7TWO-QLD problem, where I cannot use the local triplets. If, as advised by IceTV Dave, I disable 7TWO_QLD (Local), and change the LCN of 7TWO (Bris) from 72 (Bris) to 62 (Local), then programs I schedule for 7TWO get recorded on Sunshine coast 7TWO, yet the triplets for 7TWO(Bris) do not send it to 7TWO(Bris).

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 12:58:38 PM »
There is something I can see in the plugin that could cause what you're seeing, and that's that IceTV can send a list of channels to try recording on (the "Send to TV Recorder as LCN" list for the channel in the IceTV Web page My Account>Guide settings). The list is stepped through and the recording is set on the first channel that matches and doesn't cause a conflict. If a non-matching channel or a conflict is found before that happens, an error is flagged to be sent to IceTV, but the search for a matching channel continues. If there is an error, the error message sent will be the last one encountered in the scan (and it may be sent more than once in some circumstances).

So, if you have set up your IceTV server configuration to send multiple LCNs for (say) ONE and ABC, and some of those LCNs don't match scanned channels in your T series, then the following could happen if there is a channel that matches followed by one that doesn't match:

If there is no timer conflict, a channel matches, the timer is set and there's no error message.

If there is a timer conflict, the error message to be sent back to IceTV is initially set to "Timer conflict: ...", but the scan continues. A later channel then fails to match and changes the error message to "No matching service". If that's the last channel tested, then that's the error message that will be sent back, rather than the "Timer conflict: ..." message. That's the wrong message to send in these circumstances because there was in fact a matching channel, it just couldn't be recorded from because of the timer conflict.

Could that scenario match what you are seeing?

You can probably work around the problem and get the correct error message by sending only a single LCN for the channels from your IceTV server side setup, but it looks like the error message handling on the Beyonwiz side could be better. I'll start a topic in the IceTV area on the Beyonwiz forum and point it back here.

This appears to be only a problem with the choice of the error message and not with the logic of whether the recording can be set or not.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 02:06:18 PM »
I've posted about this in "IceTV error message anomalies" in the IceTV area on the Beyonwiz forum. It appears to be exclusively a client-end problem.

You'll have to cut/paste the URL to see it, because the fine forum software mangles URLs if they have an ampersand in them:  ???

http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=10046

Offline mac37

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 02:34:03 PM »
In my IceTV account settings, I have every channel set to only one LCN.
What you wrote here and on the BW forum, clears things about the changing of LCN for my 7TWO problem - thank you.
When I had the problem way back with 7-QLD not being recognised (fixed now) I had one email with 19 entries in it for "No matching Service" !!
Since my first post in this thread, some other scheduling errors (on my part) have occurred.
Overnight, when some series scheduling kicked in for next Sunday, X-Files also joined the fun.
So for the 8:30PM time slot and just before and after, there were about 5 things scheduled, X-Files set itself for both 10 Digital (Bris) and for SC10 (Local). I actually got an email with a "Timer conflict" (Yay!) for 10 Digital with 2 entries. This was at 3:49AM.
Later, at 6:39AM, an email with "No matching Service" for SC 10, with 8 entries in the same email. Both for X-Files  I have since culled some of the extras, and X-Files on SC10 is scheduled correctly !!
Thanks again for your concern.
I am sorry that I seem to be a bit paranoid about "No matching service", since my previous experience with triplets for various Sunshine Coast channels (Still ongoing).

PS got a note that you have posted here about your post in the BW forum.(which I have seen).
Thank you

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 02:56:40 PM »
In my IceTV account settings, I have every channel set to only one LCN. ...

Now, or when you had the "No matching service" error? I can't see how you'd get that error on a timer conflict unless the T series was processing more than one LCN for the IceTV channel.

Offline mac37

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 03:15:48 PM »
Never, I have always chosen only one.
The latest scenario, where SC10, configured as LCN 5 generated a "No matching service", then when the conflicts were culled, it worked as normal.
Yet, channel 10 digital configured as LCN 10 generated the correct message.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 04:43:39 PM »
I can't see in the code how the symptoms you describe can happen with only one LCN configured for a channel.

Offline mac37

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 05:28:12 PM »
Thanks for all your help, anyway.
Don't loose any sleep over it.
Now I know it isn't true, I won't worry about it either.
All channels except local 7two and local 7mate record correctly unless there is a conflict.
And I've disabled them and made the Bris ones have local LCNs, so all is well.
Except Dave at IceTV can't figure out why, on the T2, the EPG for channel 91 displays programs for GO!
But that doesn't cause any problems. The other 2 PVRs are correct.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Stop Failed Error.

Started by SkippaBeat on SKIPPA

5 Replies
Last post June 28, 2018, 12:47:32 PM
by ChrisW
xx
Failed to record movie: minions

Started by simoncasey on IceTV EPG Content

7 Replies
Last post December 13, 2017, 02:30:15 PM