Author Topic: Duplicate Recordings  (Read 6807 times)

Offline atoning

• View Profile
Duplicate Recordings
« on: September 19, 2008, 03:09:55 PM »
Hi Everyone

My name is Peter and I am a Noob :-)

I am having a little glitch on my Beyonwix where some shows are being recorded twice and I am buggered if I can work out why its proving to be a pain as both tuners are bing used and I am missing other shows scheduled at the same time as  a show that is being recorded twice.  Any ideas?

Peter

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Duplicate Recordings
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 03:13:15 PM »
The explanation is quite obvious.  You have setup ICE to record the show on "Any channel" which means that if the show is dual cast on both SD and HD, you will end up recording both.   You have to reset your series setups to only record on one channel rather than any channel.
For the existing timers in the Wiz, just go thru the timer list and cull the SD or HD shows you don't want recorded.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline atoning

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 03:47:39 PM »
Doh!

Thankyou!

Offline ivovic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 07:56:56 PM »
I can see why it's confusing though... if you want to record a show, regardless of who it's contracted to... how do you set it up?

Any channel shouldn't mean every channel... it should pick one (perhaps picking HD over SD if the timing is simultaneous).

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 08:13:16 PM »
Any channel shouldn't mean every channel... it should pick one (perhaps picking HD over SD if the timing is simultaneous).
Quite right.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 09:11:43 PM »
We have all been screaming out about getting a preference system in, but ICE are slow to advance their product at the moment for obvious reasons.    I have an issue with "Dexter" on "any channel" too.   I have to leave it like this because I want to record it in HD if it is available in HD, but when the MotoGP is on or F1, TenHD ditches Dexter for the motor racing, and thus for these weeks I need to record the SD channel instead of the HD.   So I keep it at "all" rather than fixed to a particular channel, but when Ten dual-casts the SD and HD version of the show, I have to manually delete the 10SD timer.   Bloody annoying that ICE behaves like this.   Also my friend who just got a wiz was asking why he often had 2 recordings of the same show, ICE shouldn't be setting dual simultaneous timers like this, as it confuses noobs.   If the preference is to have HD shows listed, I reckon it should be to record the HD version of the show by default, and if ICE would (please) like to add an option in the setup, then for sure have a priority preference for SD over HD or vice-versa.
Regards

Offline j s

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 05:20:56 PM »
It was even worse for the AFL games last year. The only choices were half the games ("This Channel only" - either 7 or 10) or every game twice ("All Channels").

Ice needs to add some "SD preferred" and "HD Preferred" options to cover simulcasts.

A further complication has been appearing lately. "Heroes" is an example where the HD is broadcast an hour later than the SD. Would Ice still see this as a simulcast?  I suspect not, and probably rightly so.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

exclamation
Daylight Saving & Duplicate HD Channels

Started by ChrisW on IceTV EPG Content

20 Replies
Last post October 16, 2018, 07:42:41 PM
by csutak40
xx
XML Issue, Region Changes, duplicate channel ID

Started by Aligator7050 on General Discussions

1 Replies
Last post January 26, 2014, 01:42:29 PM