Author Topic: DP-lite missing some episodes  (Read 2457 times)

Offline ejcchapman

• View Profile
DP-lite missing some episodes
« on: December 31, 2010, 11:35:49 AM »
Hi,

Purchased a DP-lite post Christmas and generally its working with IceTV very well.

However, we've noticed today that it seems to be missing some episodes of series we have recorded. For example, there is a show on tonight which is in the iceTV 'my week' list as scheduled, but which hasn't made it across to the Beyonwiz. However, another episode of that show is scheduled for Sunday and it is in the timer list of the Beyonwiz...

I've checked all settings (like 'first runs only' and the like) and can't see what might be doing this. I've also cleared the EPG in the Beyonwiz and forced a download of the updated schedule but it's still not there. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: DP-lite missing some episodes
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 11:50:10 AM »
Do you normally have your Beyonwiz in standby? If so, IceTV timers created while it's in standby will only get transferred next time it starts up. Even if it is powered up when you add a recording on IceTV, the timers won't get transferred until the Beyonwiz next contacts IceTV, which normally only happens each 30 minutes (this also applies to "resend all recordings", which really means "resend all recordings next time the Beyonwiz contacts IceTV", not "resend all recordings immediately"). You can see how long until the next update by looking at the status panel in SETUP>Network>IceTV.

Other things to check are that the Beyonwiz is set to the correct time, time zone and DST setting. If you've changed any of those since you first connected to IceTV, the timer updates can get confused and take a few days to settle down. If that's the case, you'll just need to keep an eye out for timers not being sent for the next few days, setting manual timers when necessary and then it should sort itself out.

I'm running IceTV on a DP-Lite and I'm not having any problems with my IceTV recordings, though of course, I'll have a different set of recordings. I'm also running the latest beta firmware rather than a public release.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 11:54:27 AM by prl »
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline grampus

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 01:41:26 PM »
Just in case
You don't happen to have 2 devices in the Ice server, and the Lite is the second one?
If so check the other one for a recording sent to the wrong box.
BeyonWiz, T3

Offline ejcchapman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 04:39:20 PM »
Thanks - I only have the one device and have waited for quite a long time with the unit 'on' and it still doesn't appear to have updated. The 'settling in' period may be relevant as we only purchased it and set it up in the last few days, so we'll monitor it and see. Thanks.

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 05:55:46 PM »
Another thing to check is that you haven't restricted the timer to "1 per day" as this used to bite me all the time (now the default is "record all" rather than 1 a day, but still, it is something to check).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 08:43:35 AM »
I need to revise what I said. Three recordings on 7TWO didn't get scheduled on my DP-Lite last night. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I'll watch them over the next few days as they come to the times when they should be queued and scheduled.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 10:38:48 AM »
Strange. All three shows came up as greyed out when they re-entered the guide for next Friday. For one of them, it was understandable, because it was a repeat, and I'd only set up for first runs.

The other two were strange. One had a Limit of Record 1 per day, and the other was Record All. Both were the only showing of the program that day. When I changed their Limits, they changed from greyed out to red queued state. I then changed them both to be Limit: Record 1 per day, and they both stayed red queued.

I'll keep an eye out when they reach the time they should schedule.

It would be really good if the tooltip for greyed-out icons and error icons gave us just a little hint about what the reason is.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

question
Confused over IceTV updates on DP-Lite i

Started by jaxon7au on Beyonwiz

3 Replies
Last post May 05, 2011, 04:28:02 PM
by prl
xx
How to connect my Wix DP-Lite wirelessly

Started by allie181 on General Discussions

3 Replies
Last post May 04, 2011, 06:16:55 PM
by prl
xx
DP-Lite Not recording

Started by mich@el on Beyonwiz

17 Replies
Last post March 31, 2011, 01:48:36 PM
by tonymy01
xx
Beyonwiz DP-Lite - Does it have IceTV REMOTE?

Started by injidup on Beyonwiz

3 Replies
Last post April 19, 2010, 04:42:52 PM
by prl