Author Topic: Does ICE change a timer which is already set if the schedule changes?  (Read 4402 times)

Offline RogerTF1

• View Profile

I missed the first half of burn notice which changed from a 10 pm start to a 9:30 pm start at some point after interactive had set my timer.

Someone else has posted that ICE  updated the schedule at about 11am the day of the show.

I am a little complacent now and just rely upon ice to catch and schedule changes. I can put this one down to "oh well things dont always work out" but I wanted to make sure that I didn't have a fundamental misunderstanding about the technology.
I have set a couple of view only timers - one at 4pm (35 min) and one at 6:45 pm (16 min) to catch late breaking ICE changes.

That's because I assume that if a show changes in a timeslot ICE will tell Wiz to dump the previously scheduled recording and replace it with a new one.
That is how its supposed to work isn't it?

(I've posted this at the Wiz forum http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2457&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 but thought I might ask the same here)

Offline RogerTF1

• View Profile
Come on - surely this is a really simple question for ICE/Beyonwiz to answer. We've had some guesses (including some fairly informed ones) on the other forum. But a simple definitive answer from ICE would be nice.
If a show changes in a timeslot will ICE tell Wiz to dump the previously scheduled recording and replace it with a new one?

Offline bruiser333

• View Profile
Roger,

It looks like Ice have made some sort of commitment to answer essentially the same question as yours on this thread. Like you, I am eagerly awaiting their response...

Cheers,

Bruiser
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 07:51:03 PM by bruiser333 »

Offline RogerTF1

• View Profile
Thanks for that Bruiser - I'll keep an eye out there

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Sync doesn't seem to work

Started by csutak40 on Beyonwiz

17 Replies
Last post February 21, 2019, 05:21:16 PM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
xx
What, exactly does the "This time" recording option do?

Started by prl on Smart Recording website and General questions

3 Replies
Last post February 08, 2019, 12:52:35 PM
by prl
xx
IceTV doesn't list timer deletions before timer add/update

Started by prl on Beyonwiz

7 Replies
Last post April 22, 2017, 04:10:49 PM
by prl
xx
New recording set up: how does Limit work?

Started by icedaddative on General Discussions

4 Replies
Last post January 31, 2017, 07:22:42 PM
by Dave at IceTV