Author Topic: Confused over IceTV updates on DP-Lite i  (Read 2624 times)

Offline jaxon7au

• View Profile
Confused over IceTV updates on DP-Lite i
« on: May 04, 2011, 10:40:21 PM »
I just got a DP-Lite i and have subscribed to IceTV.  I have set up programs though the website and now they are listed on my PVR.

From what I read in the forums, the unit needs to be on and not in standby to receive updates.  I also read something about setting up a daily "view" timer so if I'm away the unit switches on without recording.

So what I want to know is; If I am away for a period of time, is there a way to set the PVR to switch on daily from standby and automatically receive updates from IceTV?
Thanks a lot

Offline grampus

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Confused over IceTV updates on DP-Lite i
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 06:30:42 AM »
I just got a DP-Lite i and have subscribed to IceTV.  I have set up programs though the website and now they are listed on my PVR.

From what I read in the forums, the unit needs to be on and not in standby to receive updates.  I also read something about setting up a daily "view" timer so if I'm away the unit switches on without recording.

So what I want to know is; If I am away for a period of time, is there a way to set the PVR to switch on daily from standby and automatically receive updates from IceTV?
Thanks a lot
In the BW setup a daily "view only" timer for a short period.  I set mine for an hour, others only 10 minutes.
When you create the timer, change it from record to view.
After you go to standby, it will wake up for the allotted time, and then go back to standby.
BeyonWiz, T3

Offline jaxon7au

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 04:21:16 PM »
Ahhh...got the daily "view" figured out and now set up.  Thanks.
Just to confirm, the BW will automatically do an update from IceTV when the unit wakes up?
Thanks again

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 04:28:02 PM »
Just to confirm, the BW will automatically do an update from IceTV when the unit wakes up?
It contacts the IceTV server within about a minute of starting up. If it's been longer since the last IceTV update than the minimum wait time between updates (normally 60 min for EPG and 30min for timers) the EPG and timers will be updated. Five minutes on time should normally be enough for this. Padding is applied to view timers in the same way as it is to normal timers, so with common padding settings, you should only need a few minutes on the view timer.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Deeply confused?

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

6 Replies
Last post December 09, 2016, 06:42:45 PM
by prl
clip
Confused MC