Author Topic: Bad Icelink message received from server - Drama ahead no doubt  (Read 2401 times)

Offline dddp

• View Profile
Noticed that some of my recordings on my apps (i use both android and apple apps) weren't appearing in the timers list on my P2. So i cleared all timers and requested that timers get resent. I checked the details in my P2 re the Icetv settings and checked the ID was valid. It told me to wait 10mins to get the info etc. After the time was up, i ended up with a message box saying

"Bad Icelink message received from server
Try to get scheduler tasks.
Get scheduler tasks OK

Checking back to the timers and only 1, the 1st one, appears out of the 8 i have for this week. I use the update button on my programs in the app thinking this will push the programs and the timers will appear in the P2 - but they don't

so i turn it off and pull the plug of the wall - wait for a bit and plug back in and turn on P2. This time the Bad Icelink message doesn't appear and the message box says

Get scheduler tasks. OK.

so i check the timers and still only the same 1st timer appears in the list. This time i delete the P2 from my devices, then re add it and reprogam the shows i want for the week

Fingers crossed that this works - time for bed as i'm just home from nightshift. Hoping that when i check later on today that everythings back to normal  :-\

before i get going I check my P1 and all timers are OK on the device and checking the Ice config reports all OK - thankful that somethings working properly at least
Two Wizzs, a P2 and a P1

Offline Paul55

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Icelink message received from server - Drama ahead no doubt
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 10:14:41 AM »
Maybe too obvious. But are the missing timers outside the next 4-5 days?

Offline dddp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 04:49:42 PM »
well, now everything's back to normal - all timers programmed in  :)

Paul the timers were all for shows between today and friday

what made me check was one timer was reporting as not being programmed in the app, i tried reprogramming it in a few times but it wouldn't complete the process. And then checking in the timer list in the P2 itself, i saw that there were actually more missing but these ones weren't showing as not being programmed in the app like the one that did report it wasn't programmed in. No doubt this is related to the Bad Icelink message in the icetv setup section on the P2

i'm just glad this happened while i was at home as if we'd been away traveling i couldn't have done what i did that in the end sorted it all out

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 02:03:42 PM »
well, now everything's back to normal - all timers programmed in  :)
Both of your Beyonwizes appear to be working okay now, from this end.

what made me check was one timer was reporting as not being programmed in the app, i tried reprogramming it in a few times but it wouldn't complete the process. And then checking in the timer list in the P2 itself, i saw that there were actually more missing but these ones weren't showing as not being programmed in the app like the one that did report it wasn't programmed in.
Dave (dddp), do you know which show, time and date the missing timer was for?

Make sure that there are no old timers stuck at the top of the Beyonwiz timer list (Pop-up then OK on Timer List).

No doubt this is related to the Bad Icelink message in the icetv setup section on the P2
The meaning of the Bad Icelink message has never been clear, at least not to me. It can be caused by DNS, internet or network issues, or even Beyonwiz hardware faults. As long as you don't see the error often, and have got IceTV working on both Beyonwizes I wouldn't worry about it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 08:20:57 PM by Dave at IceTV »
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Bad character in synopsis: Fake or Fortune 'Rodin'

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

1 Replies
Last post January 16, 2017, 10:57:07 AM
by prl
xx
Bad character in title: Outlander ‘To Ransom A Man's Soul’?

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

2 Replies
Last post January 01, 2017, 10:55:21 PM
by prl
xx
Bad gateway!

Started by prl on Smart Recording website and General questions

5 Replies
Last post November 11, 2016, 09:04:30 PM
by csutak40
xx
Babar And The Adventures Of Badou