Author Topic: Automatic switching on/off Beyonwiz from IceTV  (Read 2276 times)

Offline rickym

• View Profile
Automatic switching on/off Beyonwiz from IceTV
« on: May 03, 2011, 12:13:45 PM »
I know I can automatically switch on my Beyonwiz from within Beyonwiz itself when recording a TV show, however, I can't see how to do that from IceTV.  Can it be done?  I would prefer to not have to leave Beyonwiz switched on all the time and save electricity.  Also, I am away a lot and my wife is not all that familiar with computers to look after it all in my absence.  Anyway, she's not interested.  So, I'd like to be able to control all this remotely through IceTV if I can. 

Offline grampus

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic switching on/off Beyonwiz from IceTV
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 12:56:47 PM »
I know I can automatically switch on my Beyonwiz from within Beyonwiz itself when recording a TV show, however, I can't see how to do that from IceTV.  Can it be done?  I would prefer to not have to leave Beyonwiz switched on all the time and save electricity.  Also, I am away a lot and my wife is not all that familiar with computers to look after it all in my absence.  Anyway, she's not interested.  So, I'd like to be able to control all this remotely through IceTV if I can. 
You can't get Ice to switch the box on.
But what a number of folk do is, in the Beyonwiz, create a daily "View only" timer, for say 1 hour each day.  there is a field that allows record or view in the timer setup.
Wakes it up, for an hour allows updates from Ice, the goes bye byes again.

BeyonWiz, T3

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 07:08:54 PM »
1hour??  Mine is 10mins (even 5mins is enough, given as soon as the LAN is up and running, the PVR asks ICE for the latest EPG and timers).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline grampus

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 08:29:54 AM »
1hour??  Mine is 10mins (even 5mins is enough, given as soon as the LAN is up and running, the PVR asks ICE for the latest EPG and timers).
I'm a bit of a charlie brown, if there;s a network glitch it'll happen to me I figure.
I give it an hour in case the first request misses, and I have to wait for the next half hour or so.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
AFL Matches not automatically recording

Started by crackles on Smart Recording website and General questions

2 Replies
Last post June 04, 2012, 11:43:09 PM
by crackles
xx
Automatically renew my subscription

Started by AMLagonda on General Discussions

3 Replies
Last post July 23, 2009, 05:36:25 PM