Author Topic: All IceTV recordings showing as "queued" even though they're on the PVR  (Read 2396 times)

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
When I updated my T4 to beta firmware 2016-01-25 10:26 on our T4 yesterday morning, I didn't save my settings, and all my timers were cleared.

I did a "Resend all recordings for this device" (Ataxerxes) and the timers were all sent, but all recordings on the Web pave and on the Android app (both for timers sent then and sent subsequently) are showing the "queued" donut, not the filled "timer set" icon.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: All IceTV recordings showing as "queued" even though they're on the PVR
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 10:57:33 PM »
Strange. Somehow IceTV was disabled on the box, but I don't remember doing it. Sorted now. ::)

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV Knowledgebase Articles
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 03:05:45 PM »

Because the T series firmware versions since October do not install the IceTV plugin by default people can be left with a blank TV guide if IceTV is enabled but the plugin is not installed. To allow the FTA guide to work in this situation PeterU chose to disable IceTV by default.

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 04:53:10 PM »

Because the T series firmware versions since October do not install the IceTV plugin by default people can be left with a blank TV guide if IceTV is enabled but the plugin is not installed. To allow the FTA guide to work in this situation PeterU chose to disable IceTV by default.

The plugin was installed. I had installed and enabled it to do the initial download of the timers. I'm not sure why it then got disabled.

User error seems to be the most likely cause.

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 05:36:51 PM »
The plugin was installed. I had installed and enabled it to do the initial download of the timers. I'm not sure why it then got disabled.

LOL  8)

Offline simoncasey

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 11:51:03 PM »

I've seen this problem after installing it after a firmware update. I think the scenario is that you install it and login etc and then do a manual fetch to get started and it gets your timers and epg but it isn't actually "enabled" ie it doesn't run every 15 mins to update the epg and get timer changes. As everything is initially ok, you don't notice until things start to look odd and then the log shows nothing has been happening

The problem stems from the fact that you can disable the icetv plugin (which clears the epg) but you can still do a fetch that populates the epg but the plugin is still disabled.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 08:50:43 AM »
The problem stems from the fact that you can disable the icetv plugin (which clears the epg) but you can still do a fetch that populates the epg but the plugin is still disabled.

That would explain what I saw. Thanks.

Offline simoncasey

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 09:17:15 AM »

It's a better answer than "user error"  ;)

Offline Dave at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 01:33:13 PM »

It's a better answer than "user error"  ;)

It's still user error :) , but due to a poorly designed user interface in the plugin.

If a user tries to do a fetch with the plugin disabled it should warn them by saying: "IceTV plugin is currently disabled. You need to enable IceTV before doing a fetch."

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Shaun Micallef is Mad As Hell

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

14 Replies
Last post July 20, 2019, 05:09:13 PM
by prl
xx
Common setup pitfalls using IceTV with Plex

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV on Plex

0 Replies
Last post July 01, 2019, 05:33:55 PM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
xx
Lady & The Tramp (1955) - First run: really?

2 Replies
Last post April 29, 2019, 02:27:34 PM
by prl
xx
Monty Python not a repeat? Really?

2 Replies
Last post March 17, 2019, 01:43:10 PM
by prl